div#ContactForm1 {display: none !important;}

Friday 27 March 2015

#ThankYouNick

Dear Nick,

I was sitting on the Olivier stage last October, waiting for the third of the thrilling James plays to start - the very last performance I was able to attend with my Entry Pass membership. As I watched the auditorium filling up from this unique position, I reflected on my last few years of theatre going and realised just how fortunate I am to have discovered Entry Pass. Over the last 4 years I have seen over 100 performances at the National Theatre and they have changed my life.
 
Looking back, I could say that what stands out are individual highlights like Edward II, Othello, Curious Incident, London Road, Frankenstein, The Habit of Art. But what really stands out is the range and variety of productions Entry Pass has allowed me to experience. Through Entry Pass I have taken risks and opened my eyes to different way of viewing the world.
 
Without Entry Pass, would I have chosen to see so much Shakespeare? Or Port, Misterman, Collaborators… 13… the poignant Analog.Ue… London Road - to name but a few? No! Yet all of these productions have left me excited. They have made me keen to explore different ways of approaching theatre - and life! Thanks to the 100+ performances I have seen at the NT, I’ve become a much more open minded person, and a happier person.
 
As I walked out of James III last October I decided to head up to the balcony on level 5. I stood there, looking over the London skyline, and felt an emotion I have come to associate with the National Theatre more than with anything else. It felt wonderful to be alive.
 
For that, I thank you.
 
Luke Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment